Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oddity Tour 2010

My August bike trip is slowly falling into place and I couldn't be more excited. I have a rough outline of what I'm going to do and really just can't wait for the week to get here.

I've decided that the trip is going to be the Oddity Tour of Wisconsin, 2010. That state has tons of Kitsch and I am ready to fall in love with it all.

Some of the destinations for my ride:
Dead Pals of Sam Sanfillippo
The Mustard Museum
The House on the Rock
Former Circus Colonies
Circus World Museum
More oddities than one can shake a fist at in the Wisconsin Dells
As many breweries as I can make it to

Hopefully I can make some balloons in all of those places. Hopefully, it doesn't get me kicked out.

Since I want to see stuff while on the trip, I'm going to be keeping the mileage down, which will be useful since I'm already a little concerned about the rolling hills of Wisconsin compared to the flat gradient of Chicago.

July 31 is coming up fast. At least I have the wonderful kitschy-ness of Pierogifest to keep me sated for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment